Ben and I left American Fork at about 4:45 and 4 hours late we made it home! (This is usually a 15 minute drive) We sat on the freeway for 2 hours barely moving and then got off at the exit before ours because the freeway was stopped…turns out our exit was closed anyway. Well this is what it looked like out of our windshield…. 

After being turned around from the way we wanted to go we took a road that we were told would get us to the main road that leads to our house. Not so simple. Not one car was moving. All of the cars were trying to go the same direction as us, so Ben decided to go on the other side of the street. I had a minor freak out, I mean you couldn’t even see if there was a road, and there were huge drifts! Ben got out to walk it and see if it would be safe (in his suit) it looked ok so we gave it a shot. There were a few people outside trying to help and a very nice man with a flashlight guided us to the main road over roundabouts and in and out cars that were stuck and abandoned…. This brought on a whole new set of problems. We learned from some friends that the road was now closed, but there were tons of cars on it not going anywhere. All of the cars were heading east and we wanted to go west. Let me just say we were very thankful for the Hummer. We met two other guys with large vehicles and we decided to try and plow the way. After getting stuck, coming within inches hitting a truck, and helping pull out a few cars (and 4 hours) we made it!!!! We were SO hungry and had to pee! I’m not sure I had ever been so glad to be home. It was quite the experience!!!



5 comments:
MY poor friends!!!!! That seriously sucks and I am so glad that I didn't ride home with you two!!!! Anyway thanks again for a day full of fun yesterday!!!
Can you believe it? I had to have 6 guys push my car up the hill into Traverse...wish I was in sunny So Cal!! Trust me we are lookin into it:)
Two minutes behind us! I can't believe it took 2 hours longer only being that far behind! Yikes. Look at it this way, the Hummer got a real life test ride.
Sher wasn't this the worst day ever. It took me 2 hours to get home from american fork. Scariest thing I have ever been in. Wow!
Ya, so I'm missing the snow but wow! I'm glad to be away from that part of it!
Post a Comment